Today is the time of innovation. There are numerous innovations around us. One of the advancements in the various methods of examination. Examination bodies are adopting the online mode of examination in the current scenario because it is simple. Whereas OMR based examination is concerned, it has shortened the timelining for evaluating the answer sheet. Also, it is changing the perception of learning amongst students and parents. Moreover, it is reducing the operational cost and administrative cost.
In the last decades, universities and colleges have been dependent on conducting OMR based exams because it is simplifying the process of examination. There are many advantages of the OMR based exams which are making it popular amongst the other methods of examination. After the advent of technology, there are many abrupt modifications. It is overpowering the traditional methods of examination. Due to the ongoing pandemic, CBSE introduced a guideline for conducting OMR based exams to reduce the burden on teachers as well as students.
Eventually, it is giving rise to the web-based omr software companies for providing prominent omr solutions to the educational institutes. These organizations are working according to the needs of the educational institute and offering personalized solutions for a smooth exam process.
OMR based examination: What and How?
OMR based exams are becoming popular these days. Many universities are switching towards this form of exam over the traditional form of examination. These forms of exams are based on multiple-choice questions where the candidate has to select the right answer amongst the four. It is beneficial because it is secure and accurate. Educational institutes are specialized in conducting exams with all modern technologies. Universities are taking measures to avoid cheating during exams and making the exam secure. An OMR based examination is accurate and secure, and students can give exams from the comfort of their homes.
Also, it is efficient in generating results and teachers can monitor the performance of the candidate. It is a gateway towards modernization. OMR software is the appropriate solution for innovatively conducting exams. Exam authorities can conduct multiple exams.
In the era of digitization, schools, and colleges face challenges in conducting the concurrent exams as they have a bandwidth of the technical workforce. With the OMR software solution, any workforce can use it. Also, you don’t need an extra printer for printing the sheets.
OMR Software is helpful for exam authorities for conducting seamless examinations because it is safe and secure. Here are the few benefits which are as follows;
- Timely scanning: OMR software reduces the risk of cheating and offers complete accuracy. It helps gather data and prevent it from manipulation. Data is stored in the cloud and teachers can use it according to their requirements.
- Prevents data fudging; The OMR exam is the best alternative for preventing data fudging. Also, it certifies that data is stored at every stage.
- Accurate data; After scanning, data is evaluated with the answers to determine the scores. Data can be ruined if it is not scanned properly. In OMR software, data is secured and provides complete accuracy.
How will OMR software solve school problems?
As per the CBSE guideline, schools are bound to conduct OMR based exams. This will him to address their problem in the following way:
- It would save money by not engaging the vendor.
- You do not need to hire an additional workforce, an IT professional of school can work on it.
- You can conduct a mock test for students and scan sheets with the OMR scanner.
- With an OMR sheet reader, it is easy to generate results in less time and save time.
- Students can prepare for the midterm exam
Impact on the Education Sector
Many industries are switching to the online mode for executing day-to-day activities. The education sector is no exception, it is adopting OMR based examination for seamless processing. It is making exams hassle-free and secure. Most competitive exams are OMR based for their accuracy and fast results. As far as evaluation is concerned, it is making evaluation easy and authentic. Conducting a traditional form of examination is a tedious task and you require a large amount of money to conduct the exam. Whereas, with an OMR reader, it is easy to conduct exams and saves cost, which is why educational institutes conduct OMR exams.
Therefore, OMR based exams are helping students to select the correct answer and simplify to attempt the exam. After covid-19, the OMR based exam has become a new norm. Educational institutes are appreciating this mode of exams. Also, OMR software is helping them to generate results and determine the performance of the student. It is robust and user-friendly. This mechanism is designed to keep accuracy and security in mind. Also, to prevent the leakage of the question paper.
Why are OMR Software based exams far better than Offline exams?
- It ensures 100% reading accuracy.
- The evaluation process of data is automatic and provides comprehensive reports.
- OMR software is a low-cost, effective solution for checking OMR-based examinations.
- It is easy to install on a laptop or a computer after that you can. The software can create, scan, and go through as many OMR sheets as you want.
What are the benefits of opting for OMR software?
- Save time:- It saves time in scanning, printing, and designing OMR sheets without any human intervention.
- Complete satisfaction:- It is one of the main advantages of adopting OMR because it gives 100 percent accuracy.
- Low-cost– OMR software can support any printer so, it is not required to buy any additional printer.
Overcoming offline exam challenges with OMR software
During the pandemic, schools, colleges, and universities were conducting OMR-based examinations, because it was the convenient option for them. The checking process was easy in the presence of OMR checking software. It has streamlined the process of exams. However, OMR software is the technology introduced for better examination. Almost half of the examination authorities liked it because it made human work easy, scanning, printing, and evaluating.
Now, many competitive exams are based on OMR technology. As per the new CBSE guideline, class 10th, CBSE pre-board exams would be OMR-based exams.
Some authorities prefer to use OMR software for conducting their examinations. Some of them are:-
Offline exams must be a good option for conducting exams, Although, OMR based exam generate accurate results and maintain the authenticity of the exam.
How does OMR software overcome offline exam challenges?
- Sheet Printing: OMR software can use any type of OMR sheet depending on the requirement. While printing an OMR sheet, it is important to take care of the hologram and barcodes.
- Scanning and Data extraction: OMR software extracts accurate data. Once the OMR sheet is marked, the OMR software scans the sheet and extracts data in software with complete accuracy.
- Result Generation: One can evaluate the OMR sheet with the answer key provided. It can generate results based on the data extracted and gives scores accordingly.
Therefore, OMR Software is way better than online exam and offline exam. There is no scope for cheating for students. Everyone will have a fair result.